Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Spring!!!

I am sitting in my basement looking out the little window, and am beyond excited that I can still see daylight outside!! Happy Spring :-)

I had a weekend full of nothing, and yet I feel like I barely got to relax! I got out of work Friday a half hour early. Mostly because it was sooo slow and we had nothing to do, and partially because it was so nice outside 8-)

M and I went to the Sunset Bar and Grill, where we enjoyed numerous beers, and some lovely conversation :-) I love my nights out with him, we always have such a good time

our beers! :-)
required drunk pic :-)  

It was a good night :-) Unfortunately M has developed an issue in the back of his mouth, so our drunken fun was canceled pretty soon after we got home,  as he was in a lot of pain.

Saturday was a lazy day, I had every intention to go to the gym, but since I was up half the night taking care of M, I decided to be lazy and sleep in instead. I did make up for it by going for a walk with two of my friends and their dogs. And Toby of course :-) It was a lot of fun, I can't wait till it's warmer and I can walk him a lot more. My plan is 1-2 days a week to walk him  in the morning before work, to give myself that extra push.

I was supposed to babysit last night, but the little boy was in a foul mood and wouldn't let the dad leave, so they just told me to go home. I was a bit bummed, just because I was looking forward to the money and I like the kid a lot, but the mother called me to tell me they would use me next Saturday instead, which is great :-) I ended up coming home and drinking a half bottle of wine, which wasn't so WWery of me, but because my dinner was scrod and like 4 potato wedges, I had a ton of points left (I had a large lunch so I Wasn't that hungry)

Today I definitely made up for not going to the gym by going this afternoon. I even skipped the play I was supposed to go see, just because I was lazy and didn't get my act together in time to do both. So go me! Making working out a priority. I ended up doing about 45 minutes cardio and 30 minutes strength and abs, which I'm happy with.

I like going at least once over the weekend. I used to have a lot of trouble motivating myself, but lately I've been good about going either Saturday or Sunday. Having M going helps a lot, but I've gone a few times lately on my own as well. It makes it less stressful during the week, just because if I need to have a lighter workout night, or am pressed for time (which happens pretty frequently), I won't feel as guilty when I get a head start over the weekend.

And now it's Sunday night, and I really don't know where the weekend went! I had a good one though, and am happy I didn't over do it at all (except for a bit of coffee cake this morning, yikes), and I tracked everything!

Here's to a good rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment