Thursday, February 9, 2012

What's Cooking Wednesday (On a Thursday!)

I know I know, this should have been posted yesterday. Things got busy, and I wasn't going to post this week, but I got some crappy news today, and instead of binge-eating or snacking on sweets, I figured posting this would make me happy :-) Enjoy

Chicken Enchilada Cupcakes
(not really taken from anywhere, but adapted from the Emily Bites Buffalo Chicken Cupcakes )

So Last Friday M and I were planning on making buffalo chicken cupcakes. I got home, and the first words out of his mouth were "I don't want to cook. Lets use that coupon and get a pizza instead". And so we did.

On Sunday, when we were coming up with healthy things to cook for the Superbowl, I decided to experiment a bit. I had the wontons, and the chicken, so I added a few things and "winged it" so to speak. I am proud to say that these came out A-mazing. For the record, I only made half of the recipe, because there was 2 of us haha. But I'm doubling it here :-)

What You Need:
-2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
-32 wonton wrappers (I used two in each cupcake to make sure it wouldn't break, or be too thin.
-1 Cup light sour cream
-2/3 C light cream cheese
-1/2 C enchilada sauce
-1 tbsp taco seasoning (optional)
1 Cup shredded Cheddar (LF)

How to Make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350, and then I poached the chicken to start, to make it easier to shred. I then shredded it, and added taco seasoning to give it a bit of flavor. From there, I added the enchilada sauce, sour cream and the cream cheese, and stirred it all together, until it was well blended.

From there I sprayed down my cupcake tin, and pressed in two wonton wrappers to make the cupcake shape. I scooped out the chicken mixture into each wonton, until I had used up all my filling. I sprinkled cheddar cheese on top, and popped it into the oven for 15-25 minutes, or until crispy. Mine took about 17, and came out perfectly.

The Result:
As I said above, these are my new favorites. I loved all the flavor, and DBF and I both dipped them in salsa, which was just perfection. Plus they were super easy, and really low point for how filling they are. Recipe Win!

(makes 16 cupcakes, 3 PP per cupcake)

No comments:

Post a Comment