Friday, July 1, 2011

July!

First of all, thank you so much for the positive comments on my last few posts :-) I love reading them, and knowing I'm not just talking to myself :-P

To clarify (because I don't think I got this across in my last post), I've always been using points outside of my dailies. Since the begining. It's always been a struggle for me to figure out how much, or to not feel some type of  guilt when I go over for no reason (outside of special events and nights out), and that was more what I meant by using my weeklies effectively. I got over this fear of if I eat/drink close to all my weeklies I will gain, and am happy I did!

Can you believe it's already July? I cannot stand how fast the past 6 months have gone by. It's been a pretty good year so far though:
  • M got a job, and a decent one where he is pretty happy at that :-)
  • I hit the One hundreds for the first time in recent memory
  • I ran 2 5Ks! (ok so walk/ran, and both had their issues, but I can say I did them!)
  • I had my gall bladder removed, which 6 months later I can honestly say my quality of life is 10 times better than last year!
Not too shabby, huh? I normally post my Financial Results on the first, but my mint.com account got messed up a bit, and wouldn't acknowledge half the transactions in my bank account (including my paychecks...) so I just decided to call June a wash. As of the 25 I wasn't doing too great anyways, with my vaca and my friends visiting. I was over by quite a bit. New month!

Personal Challenge Goals (June)
June Goals
-Make Tracking A Priority With the exception of my vacation, I tracked everything. Even when I didn't wanna ;-)
-Earn 150 APs by July 4 @ 118, APs were not my priority this month, but I did ok all the same :-/
-Hit 200 199.2!
-Focus on Hunger Signals over wants, and portion control! definietly did better with this, and making better use of my WPs!
-Run a 5K Check! Not well, but check!

And for next month...
-Continue to track 100%
-Earn 130 APs
-Aim to get activity in 5X a week (1-2 lighter workouts)
-Hit 195 (lofty goal)
-Aim to try 2 new foods. Whether it's a meal, a new snack, etc. I need to branch out!

I maintained this week at WI, but honestly? I wasn't expecting a loss. I stayed within my points, but for the first time this month I earned over 30 APs, and indulged in chocolate  a few too many times ;-) It happens, and could have been a lot worse. I'm back on track!

I'm excited to have a long weekend, work has been busy the past few weeks, so I am looking forward to having a few days off to relax, and enjoy myself.

I also have (drumroll please) a plan!
-Friday- work as usual. Grab delicious pizza at Emmas with M, limit myself to 3 tops (pizza is on the small side, so 3 will be a reasonable amount of points). Go to cambridge brewing, enjoy a few beers to unwind, and then head home at a reasonable hour. Early night.
-Saturday- Gym, healthy lunch, and movie. Then babysitting all night. A great way to not go out and spend money/waste points ;-)
Sunday- Head up to Gloucester for the day with M. Spend morning at the beach with girls, bring beach snacks! Walk along beach for APs with M, and then indulge in a night out at the Cape Ann Brewing Co.
-Monday- Maybe beach if it's not nice on Sunday, then Hiking with M and the sisters. Followed by a mini cookout with the family :-)

I'm excited for the weekend, and especially excited because I have a plan to combat the indulging with healthy being. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment