Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January Goals

Happy New Year Blog! New Years was great, I got properly drunk, and spent most of Sunday hungover. Once I was somewhat functional Matt and I went out for tapas and more drinks to celebrate our 4 year anniversary :-)  Lots of fun, followed by a lazy movie day yesterday, and just like that the holidays are over and it's time to get back on track.

To start:
-I've reset my Goals/Lists so that "week 1" is this week. I think it'll just help me visualize this whole fresh slate thing. Plus It was less painful to list that I am at 199 this week than to show I gained AGAIN last week. We're not going to talk about it. I have no idea what happened :-/ Either way, welcome to week 1 of 2012!
-I didn't meet any of my December 2011 goals, blech. I think I set my sights too high. Here are my January 2012 goals

By January 30
Goal 1Burn 6000 Calories
Goal 2Lose 3 Pounds
Goal 3Work out 4X a week (20 times in the month
Goal 4Try to hit GHGs (adapted to MFP) daily


Very similar, except I lowered my calorie goal to 6000 a month. I think that's more achievable.

GHG(good health guidelines) are such for those of you who don't follow Weight Watchers (Taken from the WW website):
-1. Eat at least five servings of vegetables and fruits each day
-2.Choose whole-grain foods, such as brown rice and oats, whenever possible.
-3. Include two servings of milk products – low fat (1%) or fat-free – each day
-4. Have 2 teaspoons of healthy oils (olive oil, canola, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed) each day.
-5. Ensure that you are getting enough protein by choosing at least a serving or two of lean meats, skinless poultry, fish, beans, soy products, and lentils.


Most of these I do really well with, but the one part of MFP that makes it harder is that there is no reminder. So here is my reminder! :-)



-Meal Plan for the rest of the week:
I was up on and off all night last night, and feeling pretty crappy today. Plus I'm a tid bit congested, and freaking tired! I think I may take today as a rest day (Hey, I've done well so far this week, ), and make it my mission to get a good workout in tomorrow night, and a morning workout on Thursday. And Maybe some yoga tomorrow morning, if I feel so inclined :-) I'd rather take tonight off and not get sick, and get a good nights sleep


Plan for week
BreakfastLunchDinnerworkout
Mondayn/achicken salad/ pita pocketschicken rollatini with zucchini and cheesepower sculpt
Tuesdaywafflescheddar brocolli soupcheesy taco pasta with veggiesgym
Wednesdaywafflescheddar brocolli soupveggie korma/ ricegym
Thursdaywafflescheddar brocolli soupChicken Provelone and arugula panini, Sweet Potato friesAM yoga
Fridayegg sandwichleft oversoutAM video
Saturdayegg sandwichoutsalmon veggies and ricewalking


No comments:

Post a Comment