Thursday, January 12, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

So I made all those big plans to post more frequently, and I obviously haven't followed through. To be fair, my home computer was MIA (read: viruses), and work has been super busy lately, and honestly? I haven't been great with my weight loss lately, so posting about it hasn't been something I've wanted to do. Plus I've felt like all my posts lately have been all "wah, I can't lose weight, where's my motivation?" or  "yay everyone I'm recommitting", and I just couldn't bring myself to post yet another one, you know?

And that's not to say I haven't had some positives. I worked out 5 days last week, and 5 this week (4 >300 calorie workouts, and one 20 minute yoga video), and pretracked most of my meals. And tracked everything, even when I didn't want to. Which is an accomplishment. Plus, I did lose a pound last week, which is sure better than the gains I've been having.

The thing is, I've been at this for almost 2 years now. And since June, I've flopped around the 190s like crazy, only to end the year on the higher end of that decade. Which isn't cool, like at all.

So I've done a lot of thinking this week, and examined my diet, and my habits. I'm bored eating, and giving into every single bit of temptation I face. Someone sends cookies to our desk? Why of course I'll munch my way through three of them. I've just been lax, something for whatever it's worth I rarely was during that first year and a half. I treated indulgences as treats, not daily (or bi daily) parts of my diet. I had a routine, and I stuck to it. I ate when I planned to, and felt good about my diet. I've gotten content, I like parts of my body now. I got lazy, and would take a bigger portion, or eat something only to go over my calories, but it was okay, because it was only 200 calories, or something like that.

I've said this all numerous times before, but I finally realized what I need. I need that structure that weight watchers provided, which my fitness pal doesn't. The structure that I thought I had mastered, but obviously don't. My Fitness Pal is awesome, and I know when I hit lifetime I can easily use it to track and maintain successfully. But I think I need the structure of weight watchers, and points, to help me lose successfully. So I am giving my fitness pal till the end of the January,  and then most likely making the switch back. It's worth the money, and hopefully will help me hit my goal in 2012!

Life has been pretty boring lately. Lots of babysitting, working, and exercising. Tomorrow night is my friends birthday, so we are doing a night out. I plan on driving home at the end, and getting a couple of good beers to sip, and dance a bit as well :-)

I hope to get a workout in Saturday, Sunday and Monday (since it's a holiday). My weekend besides Friday should be pretty low key. Saturday Matt and I are going to make strombolis and mozzarella sticks. I plan to take pictures and hopefully do a recipe review (my first of hopefully many!), and then watch the Patriots game with a couple of beers :-) 

Sunday my plan is to babysit, go to the gym, and then spend some time with my family. Monday is a holiday, and our plan is to finish getting the apartment organized (we still have a few things to bring over, if you can believe it. It's only been 2.5 months), and just enjoy my day off :-)

Happy (almost) Friday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment