Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Financial Health

So I set up a new page called Financial Goals. After reviewing my bank account, I am dissapointed with myself. I use my debit card too easily, and am not as good at deals as I used to be.

I used to live off about 150 a week, now I make over 500 a week, and yet can only save maybe a fraction of that.

So here are my:
FEBRUARY GOALS
Hit 6000 in savings by 2/28/11 (currently at 5090, so that is two paychecks, about 1090 each, I hope to save close to half of those paychecks)

stay in budget for the month of February

limit spending on food, alcohol

No Shopping

Try Cash spending. Take out X amount each week and that is it for extras

Amount budgeted:
Spending: 1259
Necesities: 848
Car insurance+ premium (one time only in feb) - 270
Car payment: 223
Phone: 115
groceries (I live at home, so this cost is limited to work lunches, and dinners that M and I cook) 120
Gas: 120 (about 30 a week)

so 400 I spend on extra things (in my budget anyways) For February these are my limits:

entertainment: 20 dollars (things like movie rentals, going to the movies. I am pretty good about this sort of thing, but I am bad at returning movies on time, so I'm going to make a conscious effort to fix that)

Alcohol and Bars: 60 (Believe me when I say that for me, to only spend 60 dollars on alcohol is good. I only plan on going out out twice this month, and the rest will be cheaper options. I realize that it would be easy to just cut this out, but I enjoy  these nights out, and don't do much outside of this)

Date night/Groceries/restaurants: 45/20/20 (This will be trying for me. I group these all seperate, but they are all times that I eat out, or buy food to make special)

Clothing : 50( and I hope to make this 0)

Health and Beauty: 35 ( I gotta cut out those CVS trips.)

Travel : 20 (so I don't get tempted to take cabs on nights out!)

Cash : 50.00 ( for misc expenses. I will try to no longer be putting these misc expenses, such as candy, coffee, etc on my card)

Coffee Shops:20.00 (DBF and I have a tradition of going to marylous after working out. It's a special thing, but those 2 dollar coffees add up! so I hope to make this less than 20 this month, and use cash for it instead).
 
I'll check in midmonth to see how I'm doing. Any advice is much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment