Sunday, April 15, 2012

First Day Jitters

For the first time in 2.5 years, I won't be getting in my car tomorrow and driving to work. Instead I'll be getting dressed up and taking the train downtown to start my new job. I'm excited, I know it will be great for me, and everything else, but it's strange. I fear change, it's why it took me so long to admit that I wasn't happy at my current job, and try and make the change. All new people, no comfort zone, that ish is scary.

But I know, ultimately, I'll find my bearings, get adjusted and eventually feel assured. I'll get to know my coworkers and those around me, and everything will feel less foreign.


In the meantime, my goal is to not eat my feelings. :-)  Because when I'm uncomfortable or scared, I tend to do that. This weekend was decent as far as my goals went. I went out for a drink after work Friday, which turned into 3 drinks. And I kept on going when I got home, so not a great day. Saturday I did go for a hike with Matt and Toby, which was fun, and made a delicious breakfast which consisted of 1 egg, 1 egg white, homemade hash browns, 1 piece of toast and a half of an irish banger(they were huge!). It was amazing and totally hit the spot. I loved getting up early, going grocery shopping at Trader Joes and then coming home and making breakfast, I felt so accomplished haha.

I then babysat my life away, which is nothing new. The little guy whispered he loved me, which broke my heart into a million pieces :)

This morning I woke up, babysat, and then went to our friend's baby shower. It was so hot out today! The shower was great, they got a ton of awesome stuff for their future little girl, and I did well with limiting myself. When I wanted to go back for seconds, I opted for salad instead, and kept myself to 2 cake pops. So it was a successful party. I didn't overlimit myself, but I didn't overindulge either.

My goal for this week is to stick to my plan. Tomorrow I'm taking left overs with me, and then making a buffalo chicken chili for most of the rest of the week! Between that, deli meat and left overs, we should be all set. Here's my dinner plan:

M- Fish sandwiches- I am having mine without bread, but with homemade fries :)
T- chicken korma, made by my darling boyfriend
W-Stacked veggie enchilada
Th- Out for a happy hour thing, with free food! I'm going to stick with the pizza :)
Friday- Chicken parm crescents

I also plan on hitting the gym on my way home Tuesday, and maybe Wednesday, and I'm doing a circuit tomorrow night at home, and taking Thursday off, putting me at 4 days of workouts, which I'm good with. I don't have huge expectations, it's my first week of work, I don't want to be overly tired.

I did however, buy a fancy workout bathing suit this week, and plan on going to the gym up the street and joining this weekend :)

Happy Sunday! Wish me luck for tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment