Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Execution is Half the Battle

So I had a plan going into the weekend.

How did I do?

Not amazing, but at the same time, it was the most on plan I've felt in a long time. Some high (and low) lights:

-I didn't work out at all, but it wasn't for lack of trying. Saturday I spent the whole day cleaning. Lots of scrubbing and vacuuming (I even did windows!), and mopping. I was exhausted and sweaty afterwards, so while I didn't get a "traditional" workout in, I did get something, so that's positive. Sunday I woke up and went to babysitting gym bag in hand, but by the time babysitting finished , my hip hurt something fierce. It only got worse throughout the day. I helped my mom clean up our basement (which was gross), and skipped my workout, even though I was really tempted to just go and try. I'm really thinking that my body isn;t ready for Jillian Michaels videos. I'm going to stick with walking and light workout routines with weights, and see how that goes. My hip was still sore monday, but going home and taking some meds did a lot of good :)
-Friday was anxiety ridden (If I get good news I'll tell you why later this week!) and I definitely didn't make the best choices. A cinnamon chip scone from panera, a tomato mozzarella sandwich (ok that wasn't too awful), a slice of pizza then homemade nachos when Matt and I got home. And a large amount of beer. Final total? 70 points. and then of course I didn't track until I had indulged in a milkshake from mcds the next day (in my defense I was craving it), so I was over to Saturday as well. Needless to say I'm 6 in the red, counting trivia tonight. My plan is to do a bit of upper body workouts today at home before trivia (hopefully burn 100 calories!) and then take a walk at least once before weigh in. If I'm up this week, then I'm up this week, It's my own fault really.

- I have been tracking like a fiend. I'm talking pretracking 80% of what I eat, and for the most part sticking to my schedule. It's such a great feeling to know that I have that control, and can stick to a plan when I make it. I'm realizing I've made a lot of excuses for myself as of late. In reality, I've been gaining/stagnating because I haven't been 100% On Plan. And a lot of that recently has been my lack of activity (which in all fairness isn't my fault) but I can't blame anyone but myself. I need to focus and be on target.

So

My Goals for this week:
-Stay within my daily target each day
- no sweets/ snacks outside of what I plan for
- workout at least 2X, doesn't have to be crazy just something!
-focus on wholesome eating

Mealplan:
 (my chart wouldn't transfer over, so you guys are getting this list style, sorry!)
Breakfast this week is either yogurt and cereal and egg sandwiches.
Lunches are left overs and turkey sandwiches
Dinner:
M-Appetizers: Baked chicken wings, pizza zucchini bites, homemade "cheesy fries"
T- Homemade baked chicken parm with 3/4 C linguine
W- Turkey Burgers with a side salad
Th- Mexican Rice Casserole (EB)
F- Baked Haddock with rice and veggies
S- Cheesy chicken and stuffing

I'm really excited for dinners this week. My goal is to try one new recipe a week, to try and "mix things up" so to speak. You get bored when you eat the same thing time after time! My Fitness goal for the week is to work out at least twice. I'm thinking one of those workouts (tomorrows) is going to be an AM one. I am getting to bed right when we get home tonight,  waking up 1/2 hour earlier and doing 30 minutes of strength. I will check in tomorrow to make sure I get my ass up and going! Hold me accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment