Monday, April 4, 2011

How to take Care of a "Case of the Mondays"

So I was really looking forward to writing about my weekend, because weight loss journey wise, I had a really good one! But for some reason I  just woke up on the wrong side of the bed:

-I had a pain in my arm all day (I think I slept on it weird)
-I was grumpy
-My stomach was gross all day
-I had some not so fun emails to deal with at work.
-I was sassed by the lady at the grocery store
-It rained.
- M had a bad day, and was grouchy on the phone (not why I was in a bad mood, but it didn't help)

All in all, not what I'm looking for in a Monday. All I wanted to do at 4pm is go home and curl up in my bed.

Flash forward to 10pm, and I'm feeling pretty happy, and more importantly content with myself, instead of all grumpy. Here are my 4 cures for the "Mondays":

1. A Dose of Puppy Love
how cute is he?


Now how can you be sad with this face? One of the reasons I like living at home is because I get to come home to this little guy, who is always ecstatic to see me. Sometimes, you just need a puppy cuddle ;-)








2. Hitting up the Gym
 So the last thing I wanted to do today is go to the gym. I even considered just going home and doing a small video, or  taking the night off and only going 3X this week.

But I went, because I know that 99% of the time I feel better afterwards. And this time was no different. I didn't do any weights or anything special, just because my arm was hurting me and I didn't want to further hurt it. But I did 25 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes walking on an incline. I burnt 580 calories, and felt 10 times better afterwards. All my aggression and anxiety was gone, I felt content and was practically skipping out of there I was so happy to be out of my funk.

3.Comfort Food
Sometimes, ya need it.

Mine came in the form of Reese cups (my absolute favorite candy. It gives a peanut butter and chocolate fix, all at once!), and burgers for dinner. I made my burger healthy, but all the same, it was comfort food, it made me content

4. Finding that Happy Place
For me, the best cure for those Monday blues are to spend some time jamming out to music, and forgetting all my troubles. I have millions of playlists set up on my itunes from the past few years, and I love to put on a current mix, or an old mix, and just zone out, so to speak. It helps me find my happy place.


And with that, ladies and gents, my Monday Blues are over!!

My weekend was good. I ate well, M and I made kick ass enchiladas on Friday. They were time consuming, but so worth it. Our friends grouped together for a beer tasting, where we all tried a different beer and drank. Some awesome choices, and some interesting choices. All in all, a really fun night. And M and I resisted stopping at Wendy's on the way home :-) We're learning


Saturday was also pretty healthy. I stayed in my points, and babysat, which is a great way to stay busy! I took a walk with the puppy, but nothing crazy, I was still really sore from doing No More Trouble Zones on Thursday night. Getting back into squats and lunges sucks.

Sunday I spent a solid 90 minutes at the gym, did 40 minutes eliptical, tons of squats, lunges, and weight moves, and get in some ab workouts before M, sister and I had to go home. I was exhausted when I got home.

And here we are. Overall I'm happy I had a good weekend, and hopefully it translates into a good rest of the week, and more importantly a good WI!

No comments:

Post a Comment