Monday, September 3, 2012

Almost Here!

Vacation, that is!

Sorry for not updating much last week. Between two work events, being damn tired and trying to get ahead on my packing/organizing before my trip, my computer was barely opened last week.

The good news is that I didn't not update because I wasn't sticking with my plan. The truth was I planned ahead, resisted temptation, and got up at 615 to work out twice last week. Which felt really good, to be honest :) I never saw myself as a morning workout person. I'm not a morning person, at all, and so I've always assumed that waking up before work and getting my workouts in was just not for me, I was better off fitting it in after work. But just trying it once made me realize how awesome it felt, to both workout before work (I have so much energy in the morning!) and to be able to come home and just relax, spend some time cooking and relaxing instead of stressing about working out, getting an extra snack in and then making dinner/ helping matt finish up with dinner.

I don't have to feel guilty about doing stuff after work, and skipping my workouts, because I've already got it out of the way! I think the 2X a week for the moment is good for me, because it is nice some days to take a walk after work, or do a video quickly, but who knows? Maybe I'll increase it as it goes along :) I don't like the idea of working out outside in the mornings, just because one thing that sort of comforts me at night is that there are so many people out at the pond/park, where in the morning  there are a lot less people about, which makes me more nervous.

So for now, the balance I have is good for me :) Already this week I've gotten two good workouts in Thursday morning and Friday after work, and then I got a semi ok one in today. Today's workout for some reason just was off. My body was achey, (even though I took yesterday as a total rest day), I couldn't get my heart rate up, and my shoulder was stiff. Just really off and not feeling it at all. So I did 10 minutes of strength and stopped when it was hurting the wrong way, did some ab work and walked on an incline to burn 607 calories. Not too shabby for a "just ok" workout :)

My plan for the rest of the week:
Monday- Lunch- taco salads,
Dinner- ribs, potatoes, veggies
Workout- walking (light, rest)
Tuesday- Lunch-pasta dish
Dinner- Ground turkey, peas, potatoes
Workout- Rest day
Wednesday- Lunch-Pasta Dish
Dinner- turkey tacos
Workout- long walk (higher intensity)
Thursday- Lunch- Pasta Dish
Dinner- At my parents
Workout- AM cardio/Strength

Overall I'll have worked out 5 full times this week (Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday), which is good because I'm not doing any real workouts while on vacation, besides trying to walk a lot while away. It's just not realistic to get a workout in (neither of our hotels have a gym), and I don't want to stress about it.

Happy Labor Day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment