Monday, June 25, 2012

Revelation

Because I'm due one, right?

I'll make it quick.

I tracked everything today. I mean ev-er-y-thing. And I was over by 400 calories. Which was annoying. But I gave into chocolate temptations and had some M&M's earlier, so that was a big chunk of it.

So I forced myself to hit up the gym, and ended up having a really good workout.

I'm talking walking on incline, biking, and heavy weights. It felt good, and although I didn't bring my heart rate monitor so my estimate isn't accurate, but from my fitness pal (and based on what I did last time I did a similar workout), and the fact that my heart rate was consistently into the 160s, I estimated it to burn 700 calories.

So now I'm at a positive 300.

And I took my time eating (per boyfriend's suggestion. He thinks he's so smart, so I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that he may have been right), and thought to myself "what am I going to do with those 300 calories"

Do you see where this epiphany is  coming from? haha. I realized I don't need anything else. Sure, I could have that glass of wine, or convince Matt to grab some ice cream with me. But the truth is I'm content with not having any of it. I'm drinking a bit tomorrow night (It's beer brewing night!) , so I don't need that glass tonight, and while I might have a cookie or something later, eating a dessert right now isn't going to help anything. It's not going to keep me satisfied for the rest of the night, nor do I need to fill up that calorie limit.

Food should be for enjoyment, not to satisfy a craving/fulfill a need that I think I have. Sure, I need to eat, but It should be when I need to, not because I feel like I have to, does that make sense?

Either way, it feels good to be (semi) back on plan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment