Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Positive Weekend

That's right, admist all the chaos that is my life right now, I actually had a really good weekend:
-I hiked on Saturday, brought the pup for a walk on sunday, and worked out for a good hour fifteen on Monday (which was almost entirely strength based and I am feeling it today!), and went for a 40 minute walk yesterday afternoon with friends.
- I have that good sore feeling in my arms/abs/upper body. Which is awesome. It's been awhile since I have felt that workout sore. Not counting all the times recently that I've gotten back on the gym wagon and bearly been able to walk, because that pain is NOT GOOD.
-I focused on portion control this weekend. Minus the frosted cookies my sister made on Sunday, or the butterbeer cupcakes she made which I may have had 3 of. But meal wise, I was good :-)
-I spent a lot of money, but on good things for the apartment. And we got some amazing deals (gotta love IKEA), and otherwise I budgeted my life away and was actually really on par with where I wanted to be Tuesday morning.
- I got to hang out with the girls this weekend. Which was a lot of fun, and nice to have a stress free weekend with them :-)
-M and I had a great date night on Sunday. We went to fire and ice, which is great except for the fact that for some reason, it was just off that night. I think partially because it was so busy, but there were a ton of rude people (some girl walked right up to my dish and was all over it trying to figure out if it was hers or not. she was this close to touching it. Blech. I was not a fan of having a shrimp allergy at that moment, because they had to cook my food seperately, and they just brought it out and left it on the corner in front of her.) But my veggies were undercooked, and M felt like the chicken was a bit rubbery. Ahh well, we did a bit of a bar hop afterwards and had a great time :-)

So there you have it. I'm not going to post my financial review for awhile, I want to get my second job, get settled into my apartment etc, and then focus on my budget and an allowance system. I'm actually pretty excited for this, more to come :-)


And now I have a 3 day workweek before I go away to NH for the beer fest/ to celebrate my birthday! Yes it's the weekend before, but sadly the beer fest didn't plan itself on my actual birthday, so this will have to do :-) I'm so excited, a weekend away is well needed! Here is my general game plan:

T-Rest day, which is very needed. I'm so tired and sore :-)
W-Cardio Max video
Th- attempt #3 at getting up early to walk, trivia at night with M and his friends to celebrate our long weekend :-)
F- gym then leaving for Portsmouth!

I can't decide if I want to track this weekend or not. I'm leaning towards no, just because I don't normally track on my birthday weekend, but at the same time it isn't technically my birthday.

M and I do plan on walking into Portsmouth (our hotel is about a mile away) and utilizing the gym, pool and jacuzzi on Saturday. so I'm sure I'll earn some APs that night :) and we have some healthy choices planned out for mealtimes. It's so awesome having a boyfriend who is watching what he eats in times like this, because he is so gungho on plannin ahead and eating well to combat the drinking. Either way it's going to be a great time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment